- La formation PRISM sur les Discours Haineux et Crime haineux se tiendra à Paris, du 13 au 15 Avril 2016Paris -Un atelier de formation sur les discours et les crimes haineux se tiendra à Paris du 13 au 15 Avril 2016.
- Turin -New publication on illicit pesticides, organized crime and supply chain integrity
- Organized by UNICRI and the Netherlands Institute of International Relations Clingendael Artificial Intelligence (AI) has been a feature of science fiction writing for almost a century, but it is only in more recent years that the prospe
- Workshop on Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear (CBRN) risk mitigation with Tanzanian CBRN key stakeholdersDar es Salaam -A workshop on Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear (CBRN) risk mitigation took place at Dar es Salaam on 2 November 2015, within the framework of the European Union (EU) CBRN Risk Mitigation Centres of Excellence (CoE) Initiative.
- Countering Emerging Threats and Challenges of Transnational Organized Crime Stakeholders' meeting in ThailandBangkok -The United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI), in partnership with the Thailand Institute of Justice (TIJ), co-hosted a Stakeholders’ Meeting at TIJ HQs in Bangkok, on 19- 21 October, to discuss the new UNICRI-TIJ
- Turin -An Expert Workshop focusing on illegal, counterfeit and substandard pesticides was organized in Turin by the United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI) on 1-2 October 2015.
- Prison and drug use: management, costs and criteria Enhancing prevention and treatment and promoting alternative measuresLisbon -A workshop involving leading experts from different countries to discuss the economic, social and health costs of drug-related incarceration in Europe has been organized in Lisbon on 23 September 2015 by the United Nations Interregional Crime and
- Manila -Within the framework of the UNICRI Counter-Terrorism Programme, a Regional Technical Workshop entitled “Responding to the Threat of Returning Foreign Terrorist Fighters” was jointly organized by the United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice R
- Victoria, Seychelles -
- UNICRI holds first urban security workshop for the cities of the Community of Portuguese-speaking countriesLisbon -UNICRI holds first urban security workshop for the cities of the Community of Portuguese-speaking countries Lisbon, 27 March 2015.
- Inter-Agency Interoperability & Coordinated Communication in Case of Chemical and/or Biological AttacksThe Hague -The United Nations Counter-Terrorism Implementation Task Force (CTITF) Working Group on Preventing and Responding to Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) Terrorist Attacks (the Working Group), held a two day workshop on “Effective Inter-Agency Intero
- Turin -Opening Ceremony of the Master of Laws in International Crime and Justice The Opening Ceremony of the Master of Laws (LL.M.) in International Crime and Justice was held on Monday 2 February 2015 at the University of Turin.
- Podgorica, Montenegro -
- Cybercrime and the risks for the economy and enterprises at the European Union and Italian levels The research study entitled "Cybercrime and the risks for the economy and enterprises at the European Union and Italian level" was presente
- Lisbon -Workshop in Lisbon to promote international dialogue and knowledge exchange on urban resilience An expert workshop on the 1755 Lisbon Earthquake and urban resilience development took place on 20 November, hosted by the Municipality of Li
The Policy Toolkit developed by UNICRI was launched by the Netherlands at the Fifteenth Global Counterterrorism Forum (GCTF) Coordinating Committee in Malaga on 13-14 March 2019.
The Toolkit was recently presented during the Joint special meeting on the nexus between international terrorism and organized crime held on 26 April 2019 by the United Nations Security Council Counter-Terrorism Committee (CTC), the ISIL (Da’esh)/Al-Qaida Committee, and the Taliban Committee.
A new report “Artificial Intelligence and Robotics for Law Enforcement” has been published by the United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute’s (UNICRI), Centre for Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Robotics, and Innovation Centre of the International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL).
The report summarizes key findings, challenges and recommendations presented and discussed during the first INTERPOL - UNICRI Global Meeting on the Opportunities and Risks of Artificial Intelligence and Robotics for Law Enforcement held in Singapore on 11-12 July 2018.
Addressing the challenge of measuring the illicit financial flows
Turin (Italy), 7 January 2018. UNICRI is currently implementing an initiative that aims at creating new knowledge on the progress and challenges associated with measuring and achieving Goal 16 of the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
A technical report prepared by UNICRI on “Strengthening the Security and Integrity of the Precious Metals Supply Chain” has been presented and discussed on the occasion of the side-event held on 25 May at the 25th Commission on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice (CCPCJ).
More than 50 persons participated in the Side-event, including representatives from Member States as well as international organisations.